🤶🏼 Ahhh… Holiday Feasts!
I love being the host and surprising my guests with unexpected twists to meals. There are always guests who enjoy trying new things, and it makes for such great conversation. There are also some guests who may resist - without even trying one bite - and that’s okay.
Are you adventurous in the kitchen, too? Maybe you’re fatigued at just the thought of entertaining? One of our goals at SauFennel is to make healthy eating easy. Add variety, and you’ve already accomplished so much.
😋 Take the Yummy, Calm your Tummy
Though it’s fun to indulge in festive foods for the holidays, we all worry about what we’re putting in our bodies. SauFennel’s star ingredient, although not yet a staple in kitchens across America, has been used since ancient times for its healing properties.
You can serve your guests a SauFennel mix after the meal to cleanse their palettes and help them digest. Place your favorite mix into a decorative bowl with one of our Artisan Spoons to make serving as beautiful as it’ll make your guests feel! Or, you can cook with it. Adding the mix, either whole or ground gives the meal a bold, exotic flavor and everyone gets a nutrient boost!
🍽 A Full Day of SauFennel-Infused Meals
Since first discovering the benefits of fennel seeds and falling in love with it years ago, I’ve been experimenting with SauFennel mixes in my kitchen and have come up with some absolute must-try recipes! I hope the food menu below helps to remind you to include fiber-rich foods/nutrient-dense foods like seeds and nuts. Trust me, your guests will be saying “I’ve never thought to try this before!”!
☕️ 🥞 Breakfast:
- 1/2 of a Banana
- 2 Holiday Pancakes (Your favorite pancake recipe and 1/2 tsp of Not Your Momma’s Mix sprinkled on top for “holiday glitter”)
- Coffee with 1 SauSesame Ring by SauFennel
🥗 ☕️ Lunch:
- A bed of mixed greens with SauFennel-infused goat or feta cheese and a drizzle of EVOO
- Tea and a few of Pat's Tea Biscuits or Bumpy Biscotti by SauFennel
- Gnocchi with Butternut Squash, Kale, and Sage Brown Butter Sauce
Here’s what you need:
- Butternut squash: diced,
- 1 stick of butter
- Fresh sage
- Garlic: minced
- Kale: roughly chopped, with the tough stems removed.
- SauFennel Mix: 1 tsp Not Your Momma's Mix (LINK)
- Salt and pepper
- Roast the butternut squash. Dice the squash, toss with oil, season with salt and pepper, and roast until tender.
- Cook the gnocchi. Meanwhile, cook the ricotta gnocchi according to package instructions or for 4-5 minutes in boiling water. Drain and set aside.
- Prep the sage brown butter sauce. Brown the butter in a stovetop pan, add in the sage to let it flavor the sauce and cook up until it’s nice and crispy, then stir the garlic and SauFennel Mix in at the very end so that it does not burn.
- Put everything together. Once the butter has been browned add in the gnocchi, and let it cook on each side for 2-ish minutes, until it’s golden and toasted. Then toss in the roasted butternut squash, kale, and season with salt and pepper.
Indulge and share a better chocolate treat with SauFennel’s Sooo Divine Dark Chocolate Bar, available vegan and gluten-free.
Adding in SauFennel to your dishes adds a punchy, aromatic taste that creates an entire experience for your taste buds that can be described as a mouth feel. Warning: This may be a bit strong, and if you’ve never tried SauFennel before, I’d recommend starting with a smaller quantity.
As an added bonus, adding in some SauFennel to your recipes will keep your holiday feasts moooooving past your bellies. Your poops will thank you! 😉
Until next time,